An EU program is currently underway to finance 75% of official taxes, but no more than 1,500 euros.
The Ideas Powered for business SME Fund is a grant scheme designed to help EU small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) intellectual property (IP) rights. The SME Fund is a European Commission initiative implemented by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and will run from 10 January 2022 to 16 December 2022.
Funds are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Why protecting your intellectual property is necessary
Protecting your IP is a must in the digital age. It is the only legal way to avoid having your unique ideas, products, or services copied or used without permission. IP protection can cover many different assets, including trade marks, designs, patents, corporate identities, products, services, and processes.
Who can benefit from the SME Fund
The SME Fund offers financial support to SMEs established in the European Union. The application can be filed by an owner, an employee or an authorised representative of an EU SME acting on its behalf. Grants are always transferred directly to the SMEs.
You may benefit from European (EUIPO) or national (OSIM) marks and / or designs.
Thus, for a European trademark that protects 2 classes, you will pay taxes amounting to 900 euros, and the value of the refunded financing is 675 Euros.
To start the funding process, we need the following documents:
- Account statement (sample) containing the following information: the name of the company as the account holder; IBAN code complete with country code (examples); and BIC / SWIFT code.
- The VAT certificate and the national registration certificate of the company;
- A statement on your own responsibility - (the model will be attached by email), completed and signed by the company's administrator.
Obtaining funding takes about 15 to 20 days, and the procedure is as follows:
- we submit the application for funding;
- in about 15-20 days we receive the financing voucher;
- we file the trademark application and pay the fees from your account;
- We ask for a refund of any fees that will be refunded directly to your account.
There are no services costs on our behalf to offer you full support to obtain these funds.
Details for funding can be found here: